WEBINAR IN ENGLISH
Training date :
25.03.2021 - ONLINE
Hours: 09:00 - 15:00 / UTC+01:00 (A – Alpha)
Price for person: 200,00 €
The workshop aims to show how to effectively write articles and publish in the high impact journals. The participants learn all skills related to all stages of writing articles and submitting manuscripts.
Benefits of participating:
• Acquiring knowledge about publishing in English-language journals.
• Improving the skills of writing articles.
• Being proficient in searching for scientific literature.
TOOLS USED BY THE AUTHOR OF SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
• Tools to help you write.
• Reference managers.
• Zotero and Citavi.
• Specialized text editors.
• Data visualization tools – how to improve your publication.
• Mind maps and diagrams.
PUBLICATION AS A SOURCE OF SCIENTIFIC SUCCESS
• How to prepare for writing a scientific paper?
• What to consider when choosing a journal / publisher?
• Citation analysis – Web of Science; Impact Factor; Scopus - CiteScore, Scimago Journal Rank (SJR), Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP); the Hirsch index and the Egghe index for journals; Google Metrics.
• Writing as a process.
• Choosing the type of publication.
• Criteria for reviewing papers.
• Organizing the material and choosing the writing style.
• How to write in English.
ARTICLE AS A FORM OF SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION
• Universal structure of a scientific paper.
• The title of the article as a determinant of its content.
• Strategies for creating a good title.
• Key words.
• List of authors.
• Research articles, ie the need to use the AIMRaD (Abstract, Introduction, Materials and methods, Results, and Discussion) structure and its various variants.
• Why the Abstract is so important, ie the organization and the basic elements of the summary.
• The Introduction.
• Results section.
• Methods section.
• Discussion section.
• Covering letter.
• Responding to reviewers – how to deal with rejections.
• Literature reviews – narrative and systematic ones.
• How to write a good literature review.
SEARCHING FOR SOURCES USEFUL WHEN WRITING
• What are scientific search engines?
• Types of scientific resources - typology.
• Searching for scientific research, and publications.
• Searching for journals published in the Open Access.
• Searching for raw empirical data.
Prof. Piotr Siuda – media studies and sociology scholar, Associated Professor at the Institute of Social Communication and Media at the Kazimierz Wielki University in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
He is interested in the social aspects of the Internet, media education and research methods. Author of several scientific monographs; he has published in many journals, including Q1 and Q2 journals. Principal Investigator in a number of research projects. Member of The Association of Internet Researchers and the Polish Society for Social Communication.
IDEA Training Center (Centrum Ksztalcenia IDEA) is a leading training company in Poland, organizing training for scientists, academic and administrative staff of universities and research institutes. Since 2015, we have trained thousands of people from Poland and across Europe in the field related to higher education and science.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Application for webinar is valid after fill in the electronic application form.
2. A copy of the form, which is automatically sent to the e-mail address indicated in the form, is a confirmation of being entered on the list of trainees. CK IDEA reserves the right not to accept the application for the webinar if there are no places for a particular date. CK IDEA will inform the participant about this fact by phone or e-mail within 3 days of submitting the application.
3. At the latest 5 days before the webinar, the organizer sends a confirmation of participation to the e-mail address provided in the form, which is tantamount to the fact that the webinar will come to pass (when the places are exhausted, the organizer reserves the right to close the list of trainees earlier)
5. Cancellation of participation in the webinar can be made no later than 7 working days before the training date.
6. In the case of resignation less than 7 days before the training date, the applicant will be charged 50% of the training price.
7. In the case of resignation on the day of the webinar, the applicant will be charged total cost of the training.
8. The organizer reserves the right to cancel or change the date of the webinar at the latest 5 days before it, about which we will inform you by e-mail.
9. The organizer is not responsible for the cancellation of the training on its commencement if random events take place, like sudden illness or accident or other circumstances that make it impossible to carry out the webinar.
10. An invoice with a 14-day payment deadline will be issued after the webinar. No prepayment required.
Centrum Kształcenia IDEA, 83-031 Cieplewo, Wierzbowa 6, POLAND
Tax ID: 875-152-59-48